Monday, June 28, 2010

Transformations

You all remember this settee I purchase off of Craigslist for $25? It has set in my garage for about 8 months...and I finally go around to refinishing it! First I sanded it down. Not much, but a little, and applied 1 coat of Kilz primer and 2 coats of spray paint.

Then I gathered my fabric and supplies. We had to cut new seats out because the old ones were VERY old and rotted.

LOVE this fabric!!!
LOTS of stapling!
But the end result was totally worth it!!!
Now I have to decide if I want to glaze it or not. Leaning toward yes, but we'll see.
Hope you like!









6 comments:

Margie said...

Great Job! This is very cute! ~ Margie

Anonymous said...

I love it! The fabric is beautiful and so is the color choice.

Decor To Adore said...

Now this is a gorgeous settee! You are amazingly talented!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Love your settee! Great job.

Ro said...

Ooooh lovely! I have a very similar little settee and now you've got me thinking about how I can redo it. :)

Just popped over for a visit from the Between Naps on the Porch blog hop. You have a beautiful blog. Happy Monday!

Cassie Bustamante said...

gorgeous!!! i love the color you chose and i also love the seats. great job! i hopped over from met monday. :)