Friday, June 11, 2010

Journey to Motherhood- Part 5

Exciting, right!!?? Well, no not really. I finished the Norethindrone yesterday, now the countdown (2 to 4 days) until I have a period. That's the hope anyway!

We got a call yesterday from Dr. Haas's office yesterday confirming that "we" have tested positive for anti-sperm antibodies. They scheduled us to come in to discuss our options on Monday at 11am.
Not exactly the news we were expecting....seeing that it only happens in about 10% of men! SERIOUSLY? Geez.

I have done a lot of reading and checking up on what our options will likely be. Pretty much it sounds like artificial insemination is inevitable. I hope I'm wrong (I think).
I guess there is a steroid treatment, but it can cause serious side effects...so I'm not sure why we would even entertain that.

On another note.... if I don't start my period in the next 3 or 4 days, that means my Norethindrone did not work and we may have to consider surgery to remove all the endo. that is keeping me from ovulating.

LOTS to think about. I know that this is out of my hands and in God's!
Still hard not to worry.

0 comments: