So most of you that know Clint and I know that we are in the process of becoming foster parents. So far the process has been pretty easy. There has been a LOT of paperwork to fill out, but other then that... not much. Tonight is our first meeting with our "Home Study Contractor". She will come out and interview all of us, and tour our house. She comes about 3 times over the next couple of weeks. Our first training class starts May 3rd and will be every Saturday from 9-5 for 5, yes I said 5, weeks!!
Our home study and our classes will probably end around the same time and then we will be transferred to the placement unit, where they will approve us as foster parents and place a child in our home.
I'm not really nervous about it. Ok, maybe a little. Everyone keeps saying, "what if you get attached to the child and then have to give him/her back to their mother". I guess I can answer that by saying that I'm already pretty good (I use that lightly) at NOT being the mother to children. I know how to love and take care of a child that is not mine, so I think I will be great at this role.
Anyway, that's the update so far on our foster parent journey. Stay tuned!


.jpg)






0 comments:
Post a Comment