Thursday, September 30, 2010

Drug Free for 8 Days!

I'm sure that title will show up in a lot of random Google searches...but mine is a different kind of "drug-free"!
My last appointment with Dr. Haas (my RE) didn't go so well. After a week on 100mg of Clomid, no follicles formed and things weren't looking all that great. He put me on Provera and said that he hopes we are just dealing with ovaries that are still "sick" from surgery. My FSH levels told a different story. With my levels going from 50 one week to 79 the very next, Dr. Haas is scared that we may be facing ovarian failure (premature menopause). With all that being said, he put me on 7 days of Provera.
I have been off the Provera for 8 days, with no signs of a period at all.
I called him yesterday and asked to come in next week for more blood work. I need some answers and some closure!
My next appointment is next Wednesday at 8am. I'll have the answers (hopefully) by the end of that day!

0 comments: