Monday, August 17, 2009

My VERY OWN Headboard Bench!!!

Long time no blog...I know! We have been starting baseball & softball practices... getting ready for our ginormous garage sale, and working on this wonderful headboard bench!
I was so excited when, 2 weeks ago while "treasure hunting" aka "thrift store shopping", Clint and I went into this thrift store that was stacked from floor to ceiling with beds!!!! I didn't take my camera or phone in, but oh how I wanted to capture the sea of headboards and footboards for you!!! I picked this cutie out. It's a twin bed. In this picture, Clint had already cut the footboard up...but you get the idea.

After about 30 min, I came back out to find this.... he was almost finished!!! (This was the bench upside down btw)

Almost finished... He needed to finish the front posts and put some finishing touches on the front. I was SUPER excited! It was exactly what I had pictured!

I quickly made my way to Home Depot to buy some of the new Behr paint (with primer built right in!). I wanted to find two colors that would "go" with the wall color and the existing curtains I have in the laundry room (that you can see from the outside). So here's my bench all painted...Do you like it?? I laid the fabric from my curtains on it so you could see what I was shooting for.

Isn't she fabulous?!
Being the creative genius that my hubster is, this is what he created with the part of the footboard we cut off.....

A VERY handy hat/backpack/coat rack!!! SUCH a rockstar he is!
I have not started working on my gorgeous 1920's bench yet. Still picking out the fabric to recover the seat. That's my next project!!








10 comments:

Amanda said...

aahhhhh! LOVE IT! I have seen these before and always wanted one-but my hubs is unfortunately not Handy-Manny-but I may have to try myself. Great job!

Nepperess said...

What a great idea. Love it!

Lisa said...

It turned out awesome! I have got to look for an old bed now. :)Lisa
kssnnikkel.blogspot.com

The Masked Mommy said...

I LOOOOOOVE it! Repurposing things is one of my favorites! I've been wanting a bench, but they're always overpriced at yard sales and stuff. I may have just found my solution! Thank you!!!

I'm just wondering how this post doesn't have about 2,000 comments! :-)

The Masked Mommy said...

Love it love it love it!

Let it Shine said...

Looks fantastic!

Kimba said...

Whoa! I am way impressed! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea!

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC! I love this idea... :)

Crystal said...

I love the contrasting colors and the fabric is fabulous!