Friday, September 11, 2009

Today I Turn 30

I turn 30 years old today! Even though I dont feel a day over 25 (most of the time) I have come to realize that I am growing older every day. Funny that you spend your whole childhood wanting to be older and your adulthood wanting to be younger.
I dont think I will subscribe to that way of thinking! Sure, there are things that I thought I would have already done by now, but I'm still young. I can still go to Greece, see the mountains of Colorado, take a cruise to Alaska, see Niagara Falls, take a bath in wet noodles (oops did I say that?)..
Well you get the point.
Today I am rejoicing in my age. Rejoicing because I am blessed beyond belief. I have a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally, two glorious step-kids that are a blessing in my life, a warm home that I have grown to love, precious friends by my side, family that is supportive and loving, a great job that is stable and secure in this crazy economy... my health, my sanity...
I have love in my life and a lot more to give.
I can't wait for what's to come!


2 comments:

Messena said...

Great post! I couldn't agree more. Happy 30th! It's fun, I think!

PinkBalloons&Macaroons said...

cute post :-) I turned 30 on September 15th. It was hard,but age is just a number. I hope you had a great bday!! hugs! Britt :-)