I was inspired by many of the blogs I stalk to create some personalized Christmas ornaments. I decided that we will each get an ornament each year that represents something from that year that means a lot to us. I want Christmas to be a time when the kids love getting the tree decorations out and unwrapping each ornament...oh the excitement.
I remember the "pee-my-pants" excitement I felt waiting to decorate our tree each year. This year I did it by myself and stood and thought "this is not creating any memories". So out with the old...in with the new.
I bought Laynie and ornament that has paint brushes and paper with her name on it...since she LOVES doing art. Blake got a boy riding on a skateboard...since he spends countless hours outside riding his. Clint got a hand painted one with his catamaran sailing in the sea on it.... for our trip to Padre this year. Bruce got a big #2 with a little baby bear on it for his "second" Christmas. I got a little Christmas house with a place for a family picture and it says, "Our Family, 2008". I loved putting a tiny picture of all of us in it!
So.... here are a few of the ornaments we created together. Blake made one for our neighbor, Grace (she's 3) and Laynie made one for Grace's sister Lydia (she's 10).
I made the ones for Laynie and Blake. Simple rub-on letters and very messy fake snow to pour inside...and ta-da....
I'm getting ready to make some for my niece and nephews too.
xoxo
Monday, December 22, 2008
Homemade Christmas Ornaments
at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)






0 comments:
Post a Comment