Monday, November 19, 2007

My FAVORITE Holiday!

Christmas is my favorite time of year. A time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!
As a kid it was that way for the obvious reasons, but now that I am an adult my reasons have changed. I love that it's the time of year that my family is in town and that everyone gets together. I love to give gifts!!! I love to go to Bobbie & Doddie's house... there is NO better place then their house on Christmas (shhhh, don't tell Bobbie since I talked her into letting us host Christmas this year). I love decorating the house & the Christmas tree! I love to shop for everyone! I love looking at other people's Christmas lights. I love egg nog and decorating sugar cookies! I love when Aunt Pat makes her sugar cookies, they rank right up there with Eileen's cookies!!! I love that every year that goes by, Doddie's toasts get more and more sentimental and special. I love that Bobbie loves Mad Dog 20/20 and considers that "wine"!!! I love to wear cozy, fuzzy, fleece pajama bottoms and sit in the floor for hours and wrap presents! I love to put presents out under the tree at 1 am, just to wake up a few SHORT hours later to watch Laynie and Blake tear through them! I love playing Santa! I love seeing Izzy's face when she opens any kind of present, good or bad... it's like you gave her something AMAZING!!
I love my family.... each and every one of them! I love Christmas!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so beautifully said! I love all those things too! I love you!!